About Me

My photo
20 years old, Journalism Student,

3.30.2011

Life starts at 20

  I have been busy for the past couple of weeks since musical... and I thought life would have slowed down by now, what a joke. I don't see it slowing down in the foreseeable future, so I'll keep this short.

  So the last couple of weeks I've had a ton happen, such as turning 20. No big deal until you realize I've lived 2 decades, approximatively 7,300 days, or 240 months, my math is probably off but you get the point... I am old! And while I was thinking of this I got slightly depressed. "What do I have to show for the past 20 years of my life?"

  I have 10,000 dollars of debt, few skills, and a high school diploma. I have friends who have children, husbands/wifes, careers. But then I started thinking of how happy I usually am because of my life. I don't have much drama, my parents help with my finances, I have skills that most don't even think of being useful but already have found ways they help, Friends who have been there for me, a Loving God, a future that is unknown but full of possibilities. So I kicked that depression in the rear and realized that ya, I am 20, but that doesn't mean that I haven't done anything with my life, sure I haven't climbed mountains or accomplished great, amazing things but I have achieved personal goals, and that I can be proud of and I am.

No comments: